Saturday July 23, 3PM- 11PM
A Gathering of Mobile Art Projects, Conversations, Skill Sharing, Art, Performances and Good times!!
Grease up your gears and ride on over to Popps for an afternoon of bazaar exchanges, performances, demonstrations and much more. All the NOMAD mobile cart projects will be activated with performances and demonstrations and a series of swap stations will be set up by other makers and community members. Come join the fun and help us celebrate all things mobile in our community!!
NOMAD Caravan will feature:
1. The NOMAD Mobile Cart projects: Reeel n Wheel Moibile Movie Theater, WIege Folk:Land Survey Tool-Kit, “Chirpy” an edible bug cart, Left Handed Branded, a Metal Forging Demonstration station by Fortress Studios, the Kamishibai Story Telling theater, a Mobile toy Box, The Snack Shop Radio Station and Who’s The B.O.C.S.? a mobile carding station. to learn more about the mobile cart, the artists, and about the NOMAD project click here. Or visit our facebook page.
2. Music Presented by Detroit Folk Workshop
6:00pm -EASY LIFE ENTERTAINMENT
If you missed Sunny Ade at Concert of Colors, now is your chance to hear the Juju sound by local Detroiters! Lead by Eziekiel Hosu (of Odu Afrobeat Orchestra) Easy Life Entertainment brings us African Juju High Life Music / Juju Gospel Music with Talking Drum, Omele drum, Conga, Agogo, Sekere, electric guitars and keyboard.
5:00pm – LAC LA BELLE
Local musicians Jennie Knaggs & Nick Schillace create music that blends history with the present via accordion, mandolin, banjo, ukulele, harmonizing vocals, and fingerpicking resonator guitar. With their separate experiences learning folk and blues in Appalachia, American roots bind Lac La Belle’s compositions with a heavy thread. For this performance enjoy some of their favorite old time, bluegrass and western swing favorites, alongside their original tunes.
4:00pm – NICK STERNBERG
NIck Sternberg is a former songwriter from Detroit; currently a songsinger of emotive, ethereal selections from the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s and 10s, with piano accompaniment.
His latest project is the Real Life Concert, an exploratory series of impromptu battery-powered performances in exotic Detroit locations.
3. Barter and Swap Stations: records, plants, clothing, sewing, seeds, books and a Barter Consultant to answer all your barter and swap questions.
4. Workshops, Demonstrations: Live T-shirt printing by One Custom City, Motown Movement for Kids with Torri Lynn.
5. DJ George Rahme from 7-9PM
6. “Reel N Wheel”, a mobile movie theater and one of the featured NOMAD projects will be screening: Quick Draw McGraw & The American Astronaut.
If you want to set up a swap station or host a workshop or skill share during the event please contact Faina at email@example.com.