POPPS PACKING RESIDENCY APPLICATION :
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED ON A ROLLING BASIS UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. WE ARE NOW FINALIZING OUR FALL AND WINTER SCHEDULE. SPOTS AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER AND BEYOND.
TO APPLY: Email poppspacking@gmail and include the following:
- ‘Residency’ in the subject header
- Preferred pronouns
- Contact info, including email address and phone #
- Where you’re from
- Type of residency: Studio, Curatorial, Research, or Momm & Popp Family
- A link to a website or PDF attachments of work samples
- Resume, CV, brief bio
- Preferred dates for your residency, and potentially alternate dates
- Motivation for visiting Detroit
- A brief description of any proposed projects that you would like to work on while in residence
PDF PORTFOLIO GUIDELINES:
File Size: 10 MB maximum
Naming: ‘Collaborative or Full Name_(year)residency ’
Work samples should include CV/Resume and one of the following submissions:
STILL IMAGES: up to 10 still images (JPEG, max 1200 pixels on any side). Each image should have a caption of 200 characters or less that includes title, date created, medium and any other information that informs the work
TIME-BASED: URLs to specific work on host sites (Vimeo, YouTube, Soundcloud, etc.). Each URL should have a caption of 200 characters or less, which provides parameters to limit reviewers experience to approx. 5 min of work and gives context to the piece.
TEXT: 3 pages. Each text piece should include a contextual summary of
200 characters or less.
FOR FAMILIES/PARENTS APPLYING FOR MOMM AND POPP RESIDENCY:
Popps Packing supports families/partners with up to two children by offering space in Popps Emporium, which includes a two bedroom apartment and a storefront studio
FOR COLLABORATIVE APPLICATIONS:
If you intend to do only collaborative projects, apply using one application with all names and samples of your past collaborative projects. If you intend to mix personal projects with collaborative projects, apply individually.